About the Social and Life Skills and Career Summer Programme
Life Skills according to the World Health Organisation (WHO) is defined as “abilities for adaptive and positive behaviour that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life.
The Programme is designed to equip our young teenagers and youth with necessary knowledge and skills that will enhance their abilities to cope with the challenges of life whilst keeping them profitably engaged during the summer holidays. The Programme is a blend of “trending” digital and information technology skills, traditional classic and vocational skills to make a well rounded individual.
- Enhancement of our teenagers and youth with appropriate social and life skills for success
- Initiating Leadership Values
- Providing guidance in choice of career and in consequence choice of tertiary education
- Early exposure to personal financial management
- Appreciation of the Arts: Art, Drama, Literary works
We further aim to take the youth and young teenagers off the hands of their parents and guardians during the summer vacation, keeping them profitably engaged by imbibing in them practical knowledge and life skills for success in a practical, hands–on, engaging, participatory, result oriented and fun manner and environment as well a provide a veritable alternative to the annual summer holidays abroad.
Our target audience:
- Secondary School Students, (including recent O'level Graduates)
- A'level Students
- International Foundation Students
- International Baccalaureate Students
Programme Outline & Features:
- Hands on practical skills for website building, graphic designs, digital literacy and proficiency, blogging,etc
- Hands on practical photography - taking wow pictures and capturing wow moments using various photography enabled devices including telephone handsets, 3- D and graphic designs, drawing and painting, food art, make up and gele art,etc.
- Live drama viewing
- Excursion to Historic Site & Visit to Art gallery and museum
- Presentation on The History of Nigeria
- Exposure to Career Options
- Leadership Motivational Presentation
- Presentation of ACCA-X (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- Book review – an evening with an author
- Practising Etiquette & Social Skills – mingling and net working
- Public Speaking Presentation
- Practical Health & Wellness Life Style and Safety
- July 14 through August 4, 2017 for first cohort
- August 14 through August 25, 2017 for second cohort.
Monday - Friday
9.00am to 4.00pm
N250, 000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) to cover all costs; course materials, excursion, visits, drama tickets, meals, snacks and refreshments, certificates of participation, souvenirs, etc.
“Early bird” discount of 10% for early registration and payment on or before July 7 for the first cohort and August 4 for the second cohort.